Jeremic Face & Skin Clinic
Using sound and trustworthy clinical methods tailored to achieve the most
beautiful version of yourself.
Get the Latest News & Updates and Join the Insiders Mailing List
How it works
The Micro-needling pen is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with softer appearance of wrinkles.
This technique also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin.
Who Would Benefit
Individuals looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, photo aging, hyperpigmentation, large pores and stretch marks, with minimal downtime and discomfort.
The skin is cleaned and numbing cream is applied to lessen discomfort. A small handheld pen-like device with a sterile, disposable tip containing 12 tiny needles is used to pierce the skin. The needling pen’s adjustable depth ensures the skin is pierced at 90 degrees to maximize product absorption.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you are on an Accutane regime, you must stop 6 months prior to micro-needling procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol at least 48 hours prior to treatment as alcohol can thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising/bleeding
- Medications and natural supplements that have anti-inflammatory properties such as vit E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. johns wart, Omega 3 fish oils, ibuprofen, Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS should be avoided, if possible, 2 weeks prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding/bruising.
- Discontinue autoimmune therapies or retinoid (retin-A) and/or any form of skin treatment 48 hours prior to procedure, under care and direction of your family doctor
- Micro-needling cannot be administered in areas of active acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions. If you are prone to cold sores, medication should be prescribed by your family doctor prior to treatment. Procedure cannot be performed during active outbreaks.
- You must wait 1 year if you have had a facelift or eyelid surgery
- If you have had microdermabrasion, remodeling, deep chemical peels or any surgical procedure of the treatment area, you must wait 3 months prior to treatment
- If you have had radiation to the face, you must wait at least one year prior to treatment
- If you have had botox or dermal fillers for the first time, you must wait 3 months before having a Micro-needling procedure. Otherwise, you can have the procedure 4-6 weeks after cosmetic injections
- You cannot have the treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated one week prior
- No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair in the area to be treated, closely shave the area the day before.
- You cannot have the treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Those with active acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, diabetes, bleeding disorders, those on blood thinners or collagen vascular diseases.
Most individuals see results after the first treatment, however results vary depending on the skin’s condition
Most commonly changes are noted 1-2 weeks post-treatment (often seen in just a few days)
Typically, it is recommended to have three treatments spaced out over three months.
Further treatments may be required depending on the skin’s condition and preferred outcome
A topical anesthetic is applied to the face to reduce discomfort.
- Do not touch your face for a minimum of 4 hours
- It is recommended to avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours postprocedure
- Avoid washing your face after the treatment
- If the skin feels dry and/or tight, you may apply a hyaluronic acid after the initial four hours
- Change your pillow case the day of the treatment
- Wipe down your phone and/or glasses with alcohol
- You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day
- Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher the next day
- Make sure to wear a mineral base makeup, one that does not contain any oils
- Avoid applying any skincare products containing active ingredients for a least 72 hours